Wednesday 30 June 2010

this time for africa!

The thing about World Cup, is the way it brings people together. Where else would you see North and South Korea playing in the same tournament?

a

Thankfully, this is not South vs North. That would be World War III ! Its Spain vs Portugal, a mighty clash all the same.

h

The players are representatives not only of countries, but continents. Japan vs Paraguay was also in fact an Asia vs South America clash, both of which have never entered the quarterfinals before. Paraguay wrote their name in the history books last night to the anguish of Japan, and all Asia.

s

But the funny thing is, the World Cup makes football fans of whom previously may not be football fans. I guess the global excitement and thrill of the game is just too much to bear. :p. Here a Spanish fan blows the vuvuzela.

So, this morning I had the usual early morning match routine of 1 hour nap before game-wake up-groggily-change into something more football fanish (yeah I know I’'m weird) –start watching the game-exchange msgs with my bro and other football crazy friends-half time get snacks- Spain scores woohoo-final whistle-“yay” kind of msgs received from fellow Spain fans.

d

And then… I almost dropped out of my chair. I got a msg from this person:

Woohoo spain! :-D yay!

Haha I know this is making a mountain out of a molehill but Said Person don’t usually watch football and I never thought Said Person would wake up at 2.30 am in the morning for a match that is not even quarterfinals yet.

Eventhough I tried to influence Said Person to do so, I didn’t think Said Person would do it.

Welcome into the fold, Said Person. I feel proud to have successfully converted Said Person into a football fan, and that of Spain.

cb

Viva La Espana!

*congratulatory pat on the back*

Till the next post! :)

#photo credits to soccernet.com

3 comments:

LingDi said...

yoo.. i have to disagree with the statement abt football fans. i am still a no football fan! =) i can nvr understand why ppl love it so much. ok, maybe my family is not very much in love with football. =S

Edwin Loh Ern-Wei said...

You really love football huh?haha...
This year's Fifa World Cup really captured my attention, even though I never liked football.

joannahan said...

Haha ya I really do I dont know why maybe its family influence or something haha:p

lynthia your family is in love with tennis!