Tuesday 6 July 2010

Incredible India, a paradox

india-003

When I think of India, there’s always this sense of intrigue to it, a whiff of mystery, a dash of the unknown. Everything associated to this exotic country seems just so different.

After two years of knowing one day I would go this place, to study and live for the entirety of my university life, its finally just a little less than a month away.

No doubt I would be more gungho in excitement and less worried if I were going somewhere else *cue European country*, nevertheless at this stage I wouldn’t choose to trade countries. I am grateful to God for this scholarship, this chance to study medicine in a country lauded by many for this particular field.

In all honesty, my cup of feelings is a mixture of everything. I look forward to it and yet I dread it. I’m reluctant to go and yet I’m willing. I’m afraid to leave the comfort of home yet I know its time to be independent. I’m rearing to start studying medicine and yet I worry. I do not want to leave Malaysia and yet I want to. I want to be a doctor and yet I’m afraid to.

I’m a paradox.

5 comments:

lavenderstears said...

dunno y..i hv exactly the same feeling as u..gud post indeed!~

snowei said...

You just posted everything that is deep in our hearts. Most of us will have same feelings as you =)

p/s this is the reason I dun want to pack my things so early, it makes me feel bad =(

deborahhhh said...

you can do it Joanna! Cheering for you all the way :)

cHiLLiE ~ Li YaN said...

I'm taking the european one for ya.. jojo ;p

update pics when u reach india..

sorry again cant send you off..

lots of love,
kau li yan

kim_possible said...

and finally!
u r there already...
Go for it..come back as a Doc!