Friday 11 February 2011

friday

It’s the second friday of the month, which means tomorrow is the only Saturday with no class, which means most of my local friends- 2 hours away from Bangalore, and even those who live 16 hours in another state, have gone home, leaving us desperately homesick Malaysians mournfully pining for home. Haha.

This week during dissection we got to see an old Indian man with inguinal hernia who would undergo surgery the next day. He was lying on the table in the Osteology room while ten by ten students came to peer at his inguinal region, while our lecturer explained and demonstrated how when he coughed, the hernia could be seen protruding. As he laid there in lithotomy position, hands covering his eyes, I couldn’t help but to appreciate him and what I’m learning here, hands on.

This week we removed the small intestines, exposed the kidneys, and to day traced the arteries and veins from it, even found an extra renal vein from the inferior vena cava!

The days are flying by fast- another week is almost gone, Physio PCT on Monday and my 2nd Internals the week after. Can’t wait to go home in July cause I’m missing home like crazy.

For now, its to be strong, learn as much as I can and remember that in every season, You O Lord, are still God, and I have a reason to sing, I have a reason to worship.

Smile

No comments: