Saturday 5 March 2011

turn back time

If I could I would turn back time to just maybe one random day when I would still be in secondary school, just one day- a normal day at school with friends, lounging at home being with my beloved family and just a sense of being home. In Malaysia- where everything is familiar and comfortable- oh don’t get me started on the food.

But sadly its not possible. Sometimes I look at the date and check back a silent gasp- February? March 2011? Too fast –time flies! Seven months have I been here and though subconsciously I expect everything at home except me to remain the same- as time moves on, they change as well.

So many things has happened to the people I know this last 7 months- joyful and sorrowful meshed up into a bundle. And still, time moves on, changing more things, more events occuring, life lessons taught, trials undertook, joys lived.

And in all that- here I am slaving in med school, grateful to God for this great chance yet finding too often absolutely weak and in need of Him and His strength, and missing home of course, and the people there.

Finished 3 theory papers these week and starting with practicals next week for my 2nd Internals. I think I have taken more exams in my last 7 months than in my whole life lol. And still it goes on and on, this impartation of more and more knowledge of the human body, how it works, how it gets sick.

Which leads me to the time machine- or any machine for that matter that can fly me home- spend one night in my own dear bed with home cooked food that is packed with meat, surrounded by people I miss dearly and back again here. I wish. 

I don't really know how long forever is
But that's how long I'm gonna give my life
Everything I face that tries to tear me down
No I won't back away from the sacrifice
I won't forget what your love means to me
You're always there to light my way


When all the lights go down and the world is quiet
No one is around
I wanna be the same man that'll serve you then
Like I serve you now
That my convictions never change
O let my need for you remain
As real as the moment I was saved
So I will always stand amazed


Sometimes my heart desires such selfish things
When the moment comes help me to trust
Something better that you have for me
If I could just hold on to you enough
I won't forget what you're love means to me
You're always there to light my way

You will be my strength when I am weak
When I wanna give in and not turn the other cheek
Let this be the prayer that I speak
That I speak

3 comments:

lavenderstears said...

Gambateh..tough thing never last bt tough ppl do..Miss ya..;)

snowei said...

Didnt talk to you for quite some time, hope that you are fine =)
Keep it on, my sifu, miss you.

Sk1mpyTr33 said...

at this i don't know much what to say. but maybe i'll extrapolate more on what lavenderstears said.

let's think about rock and water.
even that hard unmoving rock, if hit by water, over time, it will erode and crumble, and change. it will no longer be a tough unmoving rock. it will be pebbles.

now let's think about the water. it's not hard. it doesn't exactly stay static. it moves. it takes in minerals and stuffs. but in the end people still recognizes it as water.

so, even if you or the environment changes, if you are like water, then you will remain you
=)